Submitted by Jessica Goodrich Watts, Scholarship Chair:
It’s time to start getting ready for a great 2017 Regional Conference in Shepherdsville, Kentucky this March – scholarship applications and award nominations are now open! The deadline for both items is November 30, so don’t delay – get yours in quickly.
Scholarships to attend “Rooted In the Land,” March 7-10, 2017, Shepherdsville, KY
The Sunny Southeast region is lucky to be able to award three scholarships to attend the conference this year. To apply:
- Download the application form
- Fill out the form
- Send the form, along with a letter of support, personal statement interpreting yourself and why you need the scholarship, and a newsletter article or blog post, to firstname.lastname@example.org on or before November 30.
Nominate a friend or colleague for a regional award!
Any member of NAI can nominate a member of the Sunny Southeast Region. The Region has 3 award categories by which to recognize its members: Outstanding Interpreter, Outstanding New Interpreter, and Outstanding Service to the Sunny Southeast Region. Please read the descriptions carefully, as they have recently been updated. One important change to note is that “Outstanding New Interpreter” may now include anyone with 3 years or less in the field (previously it was 2 years or less).
To nominate someone for an award:
- Download the descriptions and instruction form
- Be sure to follow the guidelines for what to include in your nomination (these are different for each award), including observing page limits.
- Send your nomination as a single file to email@example.com on or before November 30.
Thanks – we can’t wait to see you in Kentucky!