- There are a wealth of presentations from really smart folks who are dedicated and passionate about the same things that I am.
- They have amazing field trips that get me into places that I never before knew about and ‘behind-the-scenes’ tours.
- Hearing and ‘borrowing’ some really great new program ideas that impress my administrators.
- Hosts find the most amazing caterers, salty snacks, and regional craft beverages.
- Workshop swag—enough for me to stuff stockings over the next few holidays.
- The live auction always reveals to me how much I really do need that hand-carved owl paperweight.
- Hearing hilarious and harrowing stories from other places that put my travails to shame.
- Networking, networking, networking……
- Its always a hoot when Brian Mast, SE regional deputy director, lets his hair down and does the Macarena.
- And the number one reason that I absolutely look forward to the regional workshop is…..I always shed a tear when I hear Perky Rat and regional director Pepe Chavez harmonize on those ol’ sea shanties….
Don’t miss the fun y’all……..see ya there next week!!!!!